June 17, 2013
Saddleback College President Tod Burnett provided commendations to: Saddleback Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa (not present), awarded as
Distinguished Chapter Officer Team; Andrew Craven (not present), Saddleback College Parking Coordinator, Recipient of the California College & Police Chiefs Association
(CCUPCA) Award of Merit; and Martin Carbone, Saddleback College Emeritus Institute volunteer
and Advisory Board Member, Recipient of a 2013 Seniors Making
a Difference Award by Senator Lou Correa.
Irvine Valley College President Glenn Roquemore provided commendations to: Diane Oaks, Kori Garner and Nathan Quach from IVC Marketing and Communications who received five awards at the Community College Public Relations Organization Annual
Conference; and Tony Mancini, Irvine Valley College Police Officer, Recipient of Award of Merit by the California College and University Police Chief’s Association.
THE BOARD APPROVED ..................................................................
- All consent calendar items and academic and classified personnel actions. For additional information, please contact the Chancellor, College President or appropriate Vice Chancellor.
- Request for Report by Trustee Prendergast on potential impact of the Affordable Care Act on the
- Change orders for the Irvine Valley College Life
Sciences project in the amount of $34,735.
- An increase in fees for Irvine Valley College and Saddleback College Child Development Centers effective September 1, 2013 of 4.8% to
5.4%, depending on the number of days enrolled and age of the child.
- Additional labor compliance services in the amount of $25,700 to Parsons Brinckerhoff for the Learning
Resource Center Renovation project at Saddleback College.
- Proposed new Associate Degrees for Transfer (AA-T/AS-T) for the Spring semester 2013-2014 Academic Year at Saddleback College in Journalism, Elementary Teacher Education, Political Science, Anthropology, Studio Arts, and Business Administration.
- renewal of a maintenance agreement for the district-wide telecommunications system for the
2013-14 fiscal year with Presidio, at a
cost of $189,219.
- contract renewal with Blackboard, for a total amount not to exceed $405,760.99 for the term of
July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014.
- agreement renewal with McKenna Long & Aldridge, LLP for consulting services related to the ATEP property transfer
agreements, remediation of environmental contamination, road and utilities
easements, and ongoing land use agreements.
- FY 2013-
2014 Tentative Budget for SOCCCD
- FY 2013-
2014 Tentative Budget for Saddleback College and Irvine Valley College Student Governments
- the use of Design-Build for the Saddleback College Site Improvements Project.
- Board Policy Revisions for: BP-168: Board Member Travel, BP-160: Personal Use of Public Resources, BP-148: Evaluation of the Chancellor, BP-5320: Academic Renewal, BP-6115: Community Education Programs,
BP-1600: Curriculum, BP-3501: Campus Security and Access, BP-4002.1: Authorization for Employment,
128: Board Agendas, BP-136: Minutes of the Board of Trustee Meetings
- Request to rescind sabbatical leave for Samantha Venable, Nursing Professor, Health Sciences and Human Services, Saddleback College, for the Fall 2013 semester