September 23, 2013
Irvine Valley College President Glenn Roquemore recognized Dr. David Gatewood, Dr. Kate Alder and Rachel Manders from Irvine Valley College and Cyndi Staggs from District Services accounting for the “Most Innovative Workforce Application” awarded at a 2013 Geographic Solutions Workforce Technology Conference. This award acknowledges the technical interface between the California Career Café website and CalJobs, as part of the multi-year $3,000,000 grant obtained and managed through IVC and monitored by district services.
THE BOARD APPROVED ..................................................................
- All consent calendar items and academic and classified personnel actions. For additional information, please contact the Chancellor, College President or appropriate Vice Chancellor.
- $46,000 for additional architectural/engineering services required to redefine the relocation needs and provide numerous schematic design options with R2A Architecture for the Saddleback College Technology & Applied Sciences Building Swing Space project for a total fee of $531,000.
- Acceptance of $139,150 grant from the Employment Training Panel (ETP) for Irvine Valley College/ATEP to provide technology and job-skills training to incumbent workers of California-based companies.
- Acceptance of a $300,000 grant for Irvine Valley College from the California Community
Colleges Chancellor’s Office to serve as the Deputy Sector Navigator (DSN) for Energy Efficiency and
Utilities. The DSN will lead the effort in Orange County to identify gaps in workforce knowledge, education, and training with special attention to issues associated with grid automation. The effort will move to fill the gaps for the incumbent workforce, facilitate revision of university and college curriculum to address the gaps, and facilitate development of a public school program to raise awareness of the role of electric utilities in the 21st century.
- Acceptance of a $20,000 University of Central Florida grant for Irvine Valley College to serve as a regional cluster to support the National Center for Optics and Photonics Education (OP-TEC) and IVC's Two-Year Photonics Technology Program.
- Amendment in the amount of $47,003 for a two month time extension with Dougherty and Dougherty Architects, LLP for the Irvine Valley College Life Sciences Building for a total fee of $1,364,611.
- Use of another public entity's existing contract for Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Marketing LP, and Xerox Corporation for computer related expenditures at the IVC Life Sciences Building not to exceed $400,000.
- Change order for ATEP Site Foundation and Infrastructure Demolition, Inc. and authorize staff to execute the corresponding change order with U.S. Demolition, Inc. resulting in an increase of $115,364 in the total project cost for a revised total contract amount of $1,465,370.
- Contract with Veolia Energy Solutions, LLC for five years totaling $2,788,000 for Saddleback College's
Cogeneration & Central Plant Operation.
- New Board Policy 3104: Fiscally Accountable with a delayed implementation of July 1, 2014.