March 27, 2017
THE BOARD APPROVED
- All consent calendar items, general action items, and academic and classified personnel actions. For additional information, please contact the Chancellor, College President or appropriate Vice Chancellor.
- Request for report from Trustee Lang on existing board policies that call for administrative regulations, for which such regulations have not yet been developed.
- Curriculum changes for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 academic years at Saddleback College.
- revised Instructional Material Fees in Advanced Technology and Applied Science and Fine Arts courses for 2017-2018 at Saddleback College.
- Change Order No. 7 for the Saddleback College Sciences Building project with C.W. Driver resulting in a decrease of $185,726 for a revised final contract total of $55,681,193.
- Colleges’ student out-of-state travel for the participants, dates, locations, courses and costs.
- Notice of Completion for the Irvine Valley College B230 Classroom Renovation project to A2Z Construct, Inc., for a final contract amount of $120,092.03
- Notice of Completion for the Irvine Valley College Sand Volleyball Courts Expansion project to STL Landscape, Inc. for a final contract amount of $260,000.
- Agreement with M. Arthur Gensler Jr. & Associates, Inc. to provide Wayfinding Signage Design Consultant Services at ATEP, not to exceed $111,780.
- Change Order No. 2 to the ATEP Site Utilities and Infrastructure Phase I project with Griffith Company, resulting in an increase of $302,579, for a revised contract total of $5,845,015.
- Work order with Neudesic LLC, for an amount not to exceed $485,472 for the term of March 28, 2017 through December 31, 2017 for ongoing SIS enhancements and the SmartSchedule/MAP Integration project.
- The following nominees for the nine vacancies on the CCCT Board of Directors: Marisa Perez, Cerritos Community College District, Jim Moreno, Coast Community College District and Andra Hoffman, Los Angeles Community College District.
- A public hearing was held on the proposed Grant of Easement agreement with Irvine Ranch Water District at ATEP County of Orange Land Exchange Site.
- Resolution No. 17-09 to authorize entering into a Grant of Easements agreement with Irvine Ranch Water District at ATEP County of Orange Land Exchange Site.
- A public hearing was held on the proposed Grant of Easement agreement with Southern California Edison over portions of the Advanced Technology and Education Park property for utility purposes.
- Resolution No. 17-08 to authorize entering into a Grant of Easement agreement with Southern California Edison over portions of the Advanced Technology and Education Park property for utility purposes.
- Saddleback College Study Abroad Program to Southeastern Brazil from June 26, 2017 to July 8, 2017.
- Amendment No. 1 to the Assignment of Easement agreement with The Irvine Company, LLC, for the Irvine Valley College Barranca Entrance project, effective March 31, 2017.
- District’s order of priority for the FY 2019-2020 Five Year Construction Plan.
- Agreements for specialized real estate advisory services for general real estate matters and for ATEP Site Development Project related matters with FTI Consulting, Inc. on a time and materials basis, effective March 28, 2017 through March 27, 2021
- Authorize payment to Trustee Jay who was absent from the board meeting on February 27, 2017.
- Adult Education Block Grant subcontractor agreement with the Tustin Unified School District to allocate $822,723 for the South Orange County Regional Consortium AB104 Adult Education Block Grant funding for FY 2016-2017.
- Approve the Adult Education Block Grant subcontractor agreement with the Irvine Unified School District to allocate the sum of $300,000 for the South Orange County Regional Consortium AB104 Adult Education Block Grant funding for FY 2016-2017.
- Board Policy Revisions: BP-4004 Public Notice, BP-5506 Accommodations for Students with Disabilities, BP-5520 Accreditation, BP- 6132 Selection of Library Materials.
College representatives presented to the Board a brief overview of the Adult Education Block Grant and an update on Irvine Valley College's Laser Way Project.
- Interim Chancellor Debra Fitzsimons expressed her appreciation to both colleges for their good work on the accreditation process and the outcomes. She also commented on the Board of Trustees participation at District events. She stated that it is appreciated district-wide and thanked them for their deep commitment to knowing what is happening at both colleges.
Saddleback College - President Tod Burnett's written report included: The Association of Community Colleges and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) visiting team completed their on-campus review of Saddleback College and district and they gave Saddleback very high marks. He stated that Saddleback achieved the most successful accreditation results for the South Orange County Community College District in over 20 years. The Saddleback College Foundation Gala will be held on Saturday, April 1, at the Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel. The gala will feature a silent auction, gourmet dinner, and music by the Saddleback College Jazz Ensemble. The third annual Economic Report luncheon hosted by Saddleback College and the South Orange County Economic Coalition was held on Friday, March 10 at Saddleback College. More than 250 guests were on hand to learn about the region’s economic indicators, education, wages, and housing, outlined in a report created by Tony Teng, Dean of Advanced Technology and Applied Science. The Saddleback College athletic department was pleased to announce that 165 out of 356 student-athletes were named to the Athletic Honor Roll after grades were posted for the Fall 2016 semester, including 25 student-athletes with a perfect 4.00 grade point average. Hundreds of high school seniors attended Senior Day at Saddleback College on Thursday, March 16. Campus tours, workshops on transfer opportunities, financial aid, and information on the college’s academic and student support programs were provided at the festive event.
Irvine Valley College - President Glenn Roquemore’s written report included: The college hosted the 14-member accreditation visiting team. Over 140 faculty, staff, administrators and students attended the open forum and shared what IVC means to them and what IVC does well. The visiting team shared how impressed they were with the comradery and high levels of mutual respect and interaction across faculty, staff and students at the college. On March 7, the college held the high school preview day. Approximately 1,200 students from local high schools attended and were required to participate in a presentation highlighting IVC's programs and services. Students had the opportunity to find out about early priority registration, Irvine Valley College Honors Program, guidance and counseling, scholarships and financial aid, student government, campus clubs, career and technical programs, special services, admission and registration, athletics and intercollegiate programs, and instructional programs. The IVC Foundation held its Celebrating Excellence Foundation Awards Dinner at the Discovery Cube Orange County on March 11. The funds raised will be used to support the programs and students at the college. Saddleback Kiwanis was named IVC's Community Award honoree and Tyrone Howard, PhD professor at UCLA w named as IVC's 2017 Alumnus of the Year. The college honorees included Administrator of the Year, Tracy Fahimi, Dean of School of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
The board meeting may be viewed online at www.socccd.edu. Television broadcasts are scheduled for 7 pm on Friday, March 31 and Saturday, April 1 on SC Channel 39 and IVC Channel 33. SC TV 39 has an additional broadcast on Sunday, April 2 at 7 pm.