June 25, 2018
Trustees, staff and members of the audience joined together in congratulating
Trustee Marcia Milchiker on completion of the Community College League of California’s Excellence in Trusteeship Program. (Photo from left to right: Board President Timothy Jemal, Board Vice President Marcia Milchiker and Ann-Marie Gabel)
- Invocation by Board President Timothy Jemal
- Pledge of Allegiance by Trustee David Lang
- Board Reports:
- Trustee Terri Whitt: Took a vacation and was grateful for the opportunity to get in some rest and relaxation after a very busy month of attending commencement and other events on behalf of the Board.
- Trustee James Wright: Celebrated his 50th Wedding Anniversary with his wife and family in Orlando, FL.; attended a dinner in honor of the Saddleback College commencement speaker; thoroughly enjoyed the commencement ceremonies; and congratulated and thanked Interim Chancellor Ann-Marie Gabel for her service to the District as the Interim Chancellor; and congratulated Trustee Milchiker on receiving a certificate of completion of the Community College League of California’s Excellence in Trusteeship Program.
- Trustee Marcia Milchiker: Attended IVC and Saddleback commencement ceremonies. She complimented the colleges on selecting very dynamic commencement speakers; she appeared on Laguna Woods TV in June; took a tour of the greenhouse at Saddleback College and learned about some of the exciting new programs that are being planned in Horticulture.
- Trustee Timothy Jamal: Also attended both commencement ceremonies; participated in the Saddleback Athletics Department Golf Tourney and had a fabulous day! He ended his remarks by thanking Ann-Marie Gabel for her efforts as the Interim Chancellor.
- Trustee Barbara Jay: Thanked Ann-Marie Gabel for serving the District as Interim Chancellor. She attended the IVC Board of Governors meeting and provided a brief summary about the Promise program.
- Trustee David Lang: Commented on attending both IVC and Saddleback commencement events; thanked Ann-Marie Gabel for serving as Interim Chancellor. He shared that he enjoyed a brief vacation in Nashville where he had the thrill of spending time with his one-year old Grand-niece.
- Chancellor Ann-Marie Gabel: Thanked the Board for the opportunity to serve as the Interim Chancellor during the search for a new Chancellor. She too commented that commencement ceremonies at both campuses were outstanding. She concluded by thanking Scott Ferguson Green and his team and Cindy Vyskocil and her team on successfully negotiating a tentative agreement with the CSEA.
- Irvine Valley College President’s Report: Dr. Chris McDonald, on behalf of Dr. Roquemore, thanked Ann-Marie Gabel for her service as Interim Chancellor.
- Saddleback College President’s Report: Dr. Buysse reported that commencement ceremonies were fabulous. This was the first commencement held outdoors. An anonymous donor has given two robots for the advanced manufacturing program and a $5,000 donation for STEM students. Congratulated Ester Gravis on her doctorate. Thanked Ann-Marie Gabel on her service as Interim Chancellor.
- Irvine Valley College Associated Student Government President’s Report: Matthew Rosborough, a second year student at IVC provided an update on upcoming events and recent happenings at IVC. Looking forward to working more closely with Saddleback College.
- Saddleback College Associated Student Government President’s Report: Matthew Rosborough, reported on behalf of Saddleback College’s ASG President. Saddleback College ASG is looking forward to filling out it’s board and working closely with faculty, students and the Trustees on an exciting new school year.
- Board Request(s) for Reports: Approved a request for reports to the Board on Assembly Bill 705 and the Early College Program.
- Consent Calendar Items
- Approved curriculum revisions as recommended by the Irvine Valley College Curriculum Committee/Academic Senate for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Approved Fall 2018 Saddleback and Irvine Valley College’s Community Education courses, presenters and compensation.
- Approved proposed revised and deleted curriculum for the 2018-19 academic year at Saddleback College.
- Accepted for review and study the proposed SOCCCD CWEE Plan prepared by the colleges.
- Approved the eight firms listed for a pool from which to draw DSA Inspection services for no greater than a five-year period from June 26, 2018 to June 25, 2023.
- Approved agreements for software development services with Management Applications, Inc. for an amount not to exceed $370,000 per year and iSpace for an amount not to exceed $202,000 per year, with both agreements for terms from June 2018 – August 2022.
- Accepted a donation of an iPad from the Statewide Association of Community Colleges.
- General Action Items
- Approved Tentative Budget for FY 2018-2019 Item 6.1, Exhibit A-B. This is a tentative budget until the State budget is approved, then the final budget will come back to the Board for final approval in August.
- Approved the Formation of ATEP Facilities Corporation as an auxiliary organization of the District, gave authorization to proceed with all actions needed to form the Auxiliary and approved the Master Agreement and Asset Management Agreement Item 6.2, Item 6.3, Exhibit A-D
- Approved Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions for Advanced Technology Education Park (ATEP) Item 6.4 Exhibit A
- Approved the Irvine Valley College Behind-the-Meter Battery Energy Storage Project to install behind-the-meter battery energy storage equipment, at Irvine Valley College. Item 6.5
- Approved the Energy Management Services Agreement for the Irvine Valley College Behind-the-Meter Battery Energy Storage Project with Hybrid-Electric Building Technologies West Los Angeles 1, LLC, with a monthly energy management services fee of $4,492, for a period of ten years, and an estimated contract value of $539,040. Item 6.7 Exhibit A-C
- Approved the Walter P. Moore Condition Assessment Services Agreement for the Saddleback College Science & Mathematics Building Renovation, the Saddleback College Technology and Applied Sciences Assessment, and Irvine Valley College Structural Analysis, in the amount of $720,000 Item 6.8 Exhibit A-B. All projects are anticipated to be completed within six months.
- Approved the APSI Construction Management Agreement for Construction Management Services for the Saddleback College Stadium and Site Improvement Project, in the amount of $1,109,518. Item 6.9 Exhibit A-B
- Approved Amendment No. 1 to Sales Contract between the Corporation of the Presiding Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and SOCCCD Item 6.10 Exhibit A-B
- Approved the utilization of Foundation for California Community Colleges and Trustees of the California State University contracts to purchase equipment, materials, supplies, software, hardware, technology and associated services, maintenance and custodial supplies, products and equipment. Item 6.11
- Approved the use of CMAS contracts No. 3-17-84-0052B for Avigilon access control and security systems and No. 4-16-84-0053A for Schlage and Van Duprin hardware for the purchase, warranty, and implementation, integration and installation of security access control systems, surveillance systems, and software maintenance and hardware products and award contracts to Blue Violet Networks, LLC. Item 6.12
- Adopted a resolution to close Fund 41 for the Facilities Corporation Capital Outlay Fund at the County Treasury. Item 6.13 Exhibit A
- Authorized the Interim Chancellor or Vice Chancellor, Business Services to proceed with the actions necessary to dissolve the nonprofit corporation known as the Advanced Technology and Education Park (ATEP) Foundation. Item 6.14
- The Board accepted for review and study the following policies: Board Policy Revision: BP-107 Board Policy and Administrative Regulation, BP-126 Quorum and Voting, BP-130 Public Participation at Board Meetings, BP-132 Speakers, BP-134 Decorum, BP-2001 Administrative Organization, BP-2101 Delegation of Authority to the College President, BP-2125 Weapons on Campus, BP-4030 Volunteer Assistance, BP-5611 Open Enrollment, BP-6105 Prerequisites, Corequisites, and Advisories Policy, BP-6160 Final Exams, BP-1300 Speech and Advocacy, BP-8000 Speech and Advocacy. Item 6.15 Exhibit A-N The Board members provided Chancellor Gabel with suggested wording changes on several of the policies. The changes will be incorporated and brought back to the Board for approval at the July meeting.
- Approved a number of Faculty, Academic Employee and Classified Administrator personnel actions. Item 6.16 Exhibit A-B Item 6.17 Exhibit A Item 6.18 Exhibit A
- Approved Tentative Agreement with CSEA for 3-Year Successor Agreement. Item 6.19 Exhibit A-B